How to make your vehicle last almost forever
So your car, truck, tractor or earthmover is getting tired, but you’d be stretching the finances to replace it with something newer? How do you make your vehicle last longer? Why not consider rejuvenating your existing machine, by cleaning up and de-stressing the engine and driveline components…the Cost Effective Maintenance way?
It’s low cost! It’s incorporated into normal servicing, so there’s no extra downtime! It restores efficiency, performance and driving pleasure!
Yes…it really works, and we have many fleet customers doing exactly this, and running their vehicles and equipment reliably, well past their expectations, proving that older vehicles and equipment can certainly be reliable as well. Some have never replaced an engine, gearbox or diff in their fleets, since running Cost Effective Maintenance products!
When an engine starts to get tired repair costs seem to get larger and larger, so what are your options?
- Trade up to a new replacement. Typically, you could spend $40 K + to trade up to “a new a 4×4’; $70K – $80K for a small truck; or well over $150K for a new prime mover or earthmover. This type of spending can be way out of the budget!
- Replace with a Second-hand unit. A cheaper option, but you may also be buying someone else’s problems.
- Spend a few hundred dollars, to clean up and destress your existing engine and driveline the Cost Effective Maintenance way. Even some pretty sad vehicles and machinery have turned around to give reliable service.
Is it possible to make your vehicle last longer?
Let’s start with engines. Many engines don’t need a rebuild…
With the passage of time, engines accumulate more and more deposits, which progressively cause a deterioration in operating performance. Some of these deposits prevent clean fuel atomization, and so you don’t get a good fuel burn.
Deposits around piston rings are extremely common, and these will cause loss of power, smoke and oil use. Others interfere with turbocharger performance. Sludge type deposits hinder good lubrication, and engine cooling. Most of these deposits cause increased stresses, that eventually lead to failures.
Gearboxes and diffs can also suffer from sludgy deposits that inhibit full lubrication, and efficient cooling.
However, if you clean up all these deposits, performance returns and the engines operate with much reduced levels of internal stress. That’s where Cost Effective Maintenance comes in! Take our 5-step Ultimate Diesel Pack, for example.
Easy steps to make your vehicle last longer…
- Flushing Oil Concentrate. This removes all carbon and sludge from engine internals, including piston rings, oil coolers, galleries, valves. It restores “pristine clean”, giving the new oil a fresh start instead of using up some of its additive package picking up residual engine sludge.
- CRD Fuel Enhancer cleans and lubricates the entire fuel system, restoring the injector’s ability to respond immediately to the computer’s demands. They may be required to squirt fuel several times for each firing stroke, so precision is vital to performance.
- FTC Decarbonizer actively burns off carbon from combustion chambers, top piston ring, turbochargers, and exhaust parts. In fact, with FTC, DPF filter regenerations take place during normal driving, so there’s no need for manual regens as a rule.
- AW10 Antiwear is a high-performance product that not only greatly reduces wear, but also reduces friction. It can be used in engines, and all oil wetted components, even automatic transmissions. The friction reduction is significant. In fact, most drivers will sense that the vehicle is “rolling smoother”, and “coasting easier”, sure signs of reduced stress through engines and drive trains. This enables much longer service life from all lubricated components.
- RMI-25 Cooling System Treatment. Radiators, engine cooling jackets, water pumps and all the cooling system parts tend to develop deposits over time. Mineral scale, old coolant sludge, rust and other contaminants are easily dissolved by RMI-25, and this can usually be performed by simply adding to the existing coolant.
These easy to use DIY products and can be included as part of you standard workshop service.
For more information of how to make your vehicle last longer give the team a call on Ph: 07 33766188